slideshow

R&R Monday {San Antonio Wedding Photographer}

We are not talking about rest and relaxation, this is all about:



So I have decided to start a new weekly post, maybe it's because I LOVE Monday mornings ("Are you suicidal? Only in the mornings." -George Clooney to Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11- yum) or maybe it's because I don't complain enough (Kimin, control your rolling eyes), anyways, here I am and here you are.

I must add the following disclaimer before I go on my rant:
I absolutely adore my brides and grooms, unless a vendor or wedding is specifically mentioned, please do not take this personally! Okay, here we go.

RANT:
Paparazzi
There are those guests at weddings that have their own cameras and want to get their own photos of the bride and groom, no problem- I know that you want to get the shot. Here is are a couple of clues that it is becoming a problem.
1. When you as a guest are more concerned with taking that photo than watching the couple get married.
2. You are practically doing photographer gymnastics to get that shot, I'm talking laying on the floor, standing on chairs, tables, or (here's the really tacky one) calling a bride or groom's name while they are saying their vows to get their attention so you can take their photo (gasp!, this really happened!!)
3. If you are standing behind the couple and over the officiants shoulder taking photos during the ceremony.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me when people bring cameras to weddings- this is the wedding YOUR dear friends and family- who wouldn't want to take some photos?
Here is the REAL issue:
It is distracting- not just to me, the officiant, or even the bride and groom, but to everyone who is attending the ceremony. Several my clients have professional photographers in their family and despite the price tag have decided to hire us to photograph their event- not necessarily because we are better, but because they want their friends and family to enjoy themselves and relax.
The greatest compliment a bride can give me (about my photography etiquette during the ceremony) is "I didn't even notice you were there."


Okay! Now on to my RAVE!!

The awards goes to: Veronyka's Color Salon & Spa- the Stone Oak location


I have worked with this salon on a few occasions and each time I have been blown away with their superb customer service. One occasion stands out in particular: Claudia was married in November and had some definite anxiety- so much that she experienced every brides' nightmare:

Hives.

Ximena to the rescue!

This amazing woman (and no I cannot pronounce her name) appeared out of nowhere and produced some magical (i.e.; herbal) remedy that instantly calmed the bride- oh, and those hives? They retreated faster than the French army (honestly, I have no idea what that means, my hubby always says it and since I used his photo for the comic...).

Anywho, not only can you go to the salon but the fantastic artists (because what those stylists do is nothing short of a work of art) can come to you and your bridal party (hollah!).

So to Veronyka's (in the words of Wayne & Garth) *sha-wing*.


2 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Love it!

Lisa said...

Wow! I could read your blogs every day...Loved it!